[iyonix-support] Re: Booting doesn't complete

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:50:22 GMT

In message <FCE5E352-C250-4E08-9AA0-9667E225CF3C@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 16 Dec 2007 Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  The randomness suggests to me that it might be something to do
>> with the PSU, or even a loose connection.

> No, the Iyonix just does behave randomly when you try to switch
> it on. (Yes, I know that's impossible - but it does, all the same.)

> I have been enjoying months and months of freedom from this
> problem, with my Iyonix switching on every single time with no
> other prompt than the elliptical button. Suddenly (and nothing
> else has changed) it requires the round button as well, like it often
> used to, and now it requires that every time. Anyone who wants
> to tell me it doesn't have a perverse mind of its own, first tell me
> how to get it back to behaving decently.

I have a suspicion that it can be temperature related -- when I moved
my Iyonix from bare floorboards to a less draughty spot things
improved dramatically.  Replacing the power supply didn't eliminate
the randomness.

So you choices seem to be 1) turn the heating up 2) hibernate until
Spring 3) emigrate to somewhere warmer :-)

Regards
--
Andrew Pinder