[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Mike Sandells <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:09:58 +0100

On 16 Jun, in message <4d55c97b4ef6d8fff34e.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16 Jun 2007, Chris Evans wrote:

> > Have you tried using FTP?
>
> No, I'm afraid you will have to give me a clue as to what to put in
> 'Host:' and 'Path:' of FTPc, as I have tried all combinations based on
>
> hdd_1_1_1 ,   /Hdd_1_1_1,   hdd_1_1_1/$,   $/hdd_1_1_1,  etc
> and 10.,0.0.3, but everything results in 'connection failed;..
> I don't know whether this is because it isn't working, or more likely,
> because I've put the wrong entries into FTPc.

Path is optional and can be left blank.

Host should either be the IP address of the machine you are trying to
connect to, or a name that can be resolved to such an IP address.

If you get the 'connection failed' message at the bottom of the window,
you can click Menu on that window and open the status log, which will
have more information about the problem - for example, it may be
rejecting the username and password being supplied.

Mike
--
Mike Sandells
Work: mikejs@xxxxxxxxx   http://www.liv.ac.uk/csd