[iyonix-support] Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:25:48 +0100

I have just installed a LinkSys NSLU2 (with latest firmware) connected
to a 500GB NTFS-formatted USB2 networked HDD.

The NSLU2 is connected to a PAE CE84 100baseT Router, and to an
Iyonix, original, with latest ROMs.

I am connecting via LanMan98.

Depending upon various *config eklink's I have tried, It either
doesn't connect at all, or transfers JPEGs for Iyo to Network HDD at
snail pace (35kB/s), or gives 'Connection Lost or broken Pipe, or
gives 'Times Out' Resolving'.

Here are the options I have tried:

eklink 0 10 half - Time out resolving (gives up after about 10s)
eklink 0 10 full  - Time out resolving (gives up after about 10s)

eklink 0 100 full - works, but abysmally slow 35KB/s transfers (Iyo to
HDD)

eklink 0 100 full - (going the other way i.e.  HDD to Iyo) 30x faster
transfers but 'connection lost' or 'broken pipe' every few seconds.

eklink 0 auto - connection failed (61) (error from LanMan98)

Are there any other Iyonix configurations I should do? [I see there
are two more ethernet-related configs].

Posting here because there may be an Iyonix issue what with all this
'connection lost' and 'broken pipe' business.

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/
Wild Flowers      http://rdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Time waits for no-one; except the man on the Black Hole Event Horizon.