[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:59:49 +0100
On 15 Jun 2007, Chris Evans wrote:
> On Fri 15 Jun, Roger Darlington wrote:

>> > Slightly different!
>> > eklink 0 100 half/full still copies fast, but craps out 'connection
>> > lost' after about 10 seconds when 22-35MB has been transferred.
>> >
>> > eklink 0 10 half - this now doesn't say ''timed out resolving' but
>> > transfers fast until after about 2 mins and 80MB has been transferred
>> > when it craps out again - but instead saying 'timed out whilst
>> > receiving' - which is a new error message for me.
>> >

>> aha - I think I have now just proved that it isn't the Router, but
>> could be the NSLU2 box that is causing the problems.
>>
>> Remember that with the Router feeding the NSLU2 box, 'connections
>> lost' seem to be the norm if it ever gets to transfer any data at all.
>> Even the PC thro' Router thru' NSLU2 to HDD box wasn't entirely immune
>> to errors, albeit occurring only about 1/50 th as often as with the
>> Iyonix.
>>
>> well, with the NSLU2 box totally out of the equation, with the HDD
>> attached to the PC via USB connection, and the PC connected to the
>> Router which in turn is connected to the Iyonix, transfers are
>> happenimg now without error, so far.... so methinks it is the NSLU2
>> box.
>
> Sounds like it is probably the NSLU2, though I think this is the first
> mention of any problems connecting the NSLU2 to the PC.
> What errors are you getting on your PC?

 The Router-NSLU2-networkedHDD combi seems to work a lot better and
faster via the PC, but even that occasionally, after sending 5GB,
gives an error requiring the data to be sent/copied again manually by
me.

It only occurred twice in 53GB transferred. I didn't write down the
exact error message.

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/
Wild Flowers      http://rdarlington.members.beeb.net/
All good things come to an Ent. Hooooooom.