[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:05:46 +0100
On 15 Jun 2007, Chris Evans wrote:
> On Thu 14 Jun, Roger Darlington wrote:
>>
>> On 14 Jun 2007, Andrew Pinder wrote:

>> > It may be my ignorance but I'm puzzled.  How big is your network?  If
>> > it just the Iyonix you could attach the HDD directly to a USB port.
>>
>> I don't think the Iyonix will write (totally) to 500GB HDDs via USB,
>> nor via any other port on the Iyo ;-(
>>
>> Oh for the day when it can...
>> [Then I wont need to network the drives at floppy speeds].
>>

>> > Alternatively you could try connecting with !OmniClient rather than
>> > LanMan98.
>>
>> Isn't OmniClient rather slower than LanMan98?
>
> AIUI !OmniClient is just a front end, it uses LanMan as it's transport.
> LanMan is reportedly slower than LanMan98
>
> What results did you get connecting the Iyonix directly to the NSLU2 (i.e.
> taking the PAE CE64 out of the route)?

Slightly different!
eklink 0 100 half/full still copies fast, but craps out 'connection
lost' after about 10 seconds when 22-35MB has been transferred.

eklink 0 10 half - this now doesn't say ''timed out resolving' but
transfers fast until after about 2 mins and 80MB has been transferred
when it craps out again - but instead saying 'timed out whilst
receiving' - which is a new error message for me.

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/
Wild Flowers      http://rdarlington.members.beeb.net/
A proton is for life, not just for Christmas