[openbeos] Re: our own language

  • From: "P Willis" <p.willis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:36:24 -0800

VB is what is referred to as a R.A.D. tool (Rapid Application Development).
If proper class lbraries of widgets are developed in C++ for BeOS then
the RAD tool idea would not follow far behind.
    The truth is, it's very easy to learn to program in C++. Give yourself a
nice liberal 6 months tooling around with the BeOS libraries and
codewarrior.
If you want RAD tools after that.......
    Occasionaly I think to myself that it would be nice to have a RAD tool
for building apps on the BeOS. It's nice to be able to count on the meat
code
rather than the skeleton so much.

Peter