[openbeos] Re: our own language

  • From: "Andre' F. Braga" <meianoite@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:45:41 -0300

Nathan Whitehorn wrote:

I'd like a Viewer system, like the Translation Kit, but that provides views for an arbitrary data type. IMHO, this is what replicants were supposed to be. This way, I could say new Viewer("/boot/home/foo.mp3"), and it would put in a MediaView (Something else sorely lacking now). If it was new Viewer("/boot/home/foo.html"), an HTML display. etc, etc
-Nathan

Care to elaborate a little bit more? I guess I need some sort of visual example. I'm not (yet) a real BeOS programmer, so I don't know all about the subtle niceties of the Application/Interface Kit.