[openbeos] Re: our own language

  • From: Rogier van der Hee <rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matt Verran <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:57:19 -0800

> So if a VB-alike RAD is not on the cards, I suggest a cracking
> tutorial going from 'Hello World' to writing a simple GUI app using a
> shared lib or two. Because OpenBeOS will be a wasted effort if we
> still don't have any apps.

There used to be a mailinglist called Neo-Programmers Collective
(NPC), with experienced C++ coders on the list to help out
newbies. The site resources also had a couple of Hello World - Be
style tutorials. Pretty good, I used it for my first BeOS coding +
learning C++ ;-). Dunno what happened to the site or list.

While we are on the topic of RAD tools: anyone know what
happened to BeXL (http://www.bexl.org)??

An open source version would be a nice start ;-)

Rogier

--
rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.vanderhee.net