[openbeos] Re: our own language

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:08:38 +0200

> My thought is what if we developed a VB like
> language for openbeos, people could write apps
> a lot faster, new people to the os would find it easy
> to code in, and i think that we would get a lot more
> apps to the os, which would in return encourage
> people to stick with the os.

My 0.02... if we created a new language for BeOS (or adapted
an existing one to suit the beginner's needs) and _MARKETED_
it properly, then not only will we get more little apps that
help you get stuff done (like a proper dialup connection
monitor!!), but soon many newcomers will want to move up,
and for that we already have something. It won't work the
other way round, though, so I am all for a simple beginner's
language that allows you to quickly create GUI apps in BeOS.

Helmar

--
Sonork S.R.L. |  Professional Instant Messaging Software
Fast, secure, stable, powerful, easy to use, and frugal!