[openbeos] Re: our own language -- sure

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:25:57 -0500

> I agree that OpenBeOS will need something like Java, I am
> wondering if this should be a focus point at this moment
> in the project. Porting Java to BeOS is a massive task,
> and there are plenty of other tasks that are more
> important right now to be done.
>
> Would it not make more sense to get OpenBeOS up to the
> level that BeOS is right now, and then start to think
> about porting Java?

We need to have someone get in touch with Clay on this.  I must admit,
I totally forgot about it until this subject just came up (I know, it
_is_ a beunited project :P ).

Anyways... he has the NDAs and all the paperwork in order with Sun for
it... making sure it is a continued project is VERY important.

Deej