[openbeos] Re: need help, file copying problems!

  • From: "Kevin Field" <kev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:38:28 -0400 EDT

Shoot.  I really don't want to reformat it, 'cause I've screwed my
backup drive when I originally thought that it was the problem.  :|  I
guess I'll try copying bits and pieces of the most important stuff just
in case, and then start afresh and see what else I can recover...

Thanks for all your help,

Kev

> Kevin Field wrote on Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:43:25 -0400 EDT:
> > Who said anything about deleting files?  =0
>
> Sounds like it corrupted the data on your disk when it had the cache
> problem.  You'll have to reformat to get it working properly, then
restore your indices and data from a backup.  http://www.bebits.com/app
/2788 may be useful for recovering data from the corrupted drive.

> - Alex

Kevin Field
Disciple-in-Training
Kingdom Among Us
Quote of the day:

Idiot, n.:
        A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human
affairs has always been dominant and controlling.