[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: Olivier Coursiere <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:49:10 +0200

Hi,
François Revol a écrit :
We have Jérôme and François in France, but I don't know if they live anywhere close - or have time. I'm also not sure how Haiku fits into "Science, Research, and Medicine".
There is others themes too. But i agree : no one is closely related to Haiku. A lot of themes are about free software philosophy and education.

Right, I don't think we are interested in debating on GPLv3 :)
Still, some themes could be borderline. The System theme usually fits most tech stuff I suppose, even though it has several topics listed (when I say we should port to smartphones... this would qualify us for the embedded topic :p).

There is a "digital creation / multimedia" one, but i think it is too early for Haiku's current state. We don't have yet opensource softwares in this area on top of Haiku.

Actually, maybe the Icon-O-Matic and HIVF could be of interest there.
I forgot this one. But then we need an icon designer to demonstrate it. If it was not a free software conference, WonderBrush could do the job too. There is also the "developers" theme that seems hosting everything that don't feet well elsewhere : the firebird database community organize a rendez-vous at this occasion (http://firebird-fr.eu.org/doku.php?id=wiki:rendez-vous2007).
At least, i will probably go there as an observer to see what is possible to do in a futur edition.

Yes that'd be nice, never managed to do that myself :)

François.
You are waiting the RMLL in Lyon ;-)

Olivier