[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:47:21 +0200 CEST

> Hi,
>
> Axel Dörfler a écrit :
> > What about lodging? :-)
>
> Yes, this is important too, especially for people who don't live here
> :-)

I'm not as close as Jérôme from there though, a few hours aven by TGV
:)

> > We have Jérôme and François in France, but I don't know if they
> > live
> > anywhere close - or have time. I'm also not sure how Haiku fits
> > into
> > "Science, Research, and Medicine".
>
> There is others themes too. But i agree : no one is closely related
> Haiku. A lot of themes are about free software philosophy and
> education.

Right, I don't think we are interested in debating on GPLv3 :)
Still, some themes could be borderline. The System theme usually fits
most tech stuff I suppose, even though it has several topics listed
(when I say we should port to smartphones... this would qualify us for
the embedded topic :p).

> There is a "digital creation / multimedia" one, but i think it is too
> early for Haiku's current state. We don't have yet opensource
> softwares
> in this area on top of Haiku.

Actually, maybe the Icon-O-Matic and HIVF could be of interest there.

> At least, i will probably go there as an observer to see what is
> possible to do in a futur edition.

Yes that'd be nice, never managed to do that myself :)

François.