[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:32:29 +0200 CEST

"Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 4/22/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > While I use that often as well, "bdb" is a graphical debugger - the
> > Terminal that comes up is just a very simple debugger provided by
> > the
> > debug_server. You can launch "bdb" from there when you enter the
> > "bdb"
> > command :-)
> > HTH
> Interesting. Are there any code editors that support using bdb for
> source-level debugging? On other OSes I'm a VIM user, though on BeOS
> I've been using BeIDE lately (GVIM never worked that well for me on
> BeOS, though I'll certainly try again.) If GVIM could work with bdb
> that would rock.

I don't think this possibility exists yet. But someone hopefully will
do a real source level GUI debugger for Haiku at one point in the
future (maybe as Pe add-on) :-)

Anyway, when you compiled and linked your application to keep debug
information (the -g option), "bdb" can be very helpful. Indeed, you can
also run your application into it by issuing:
$ bdb my-application

In that case you can set break and watch points before the actual
program execution.

Also note that there is a newer bdb on BeBits than was released with
R5: http://www.bebits.com/app/1996

Bye,
   Axel.