[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 8:01:09 +0000

> Not to butt in, and of course you can take it or leave it, but here's a
> suggestion:
>
> "Flip Left to Right" & "Flip Top to Bottom"

That had already been proposed in fact. FWIW I prefer those too - upside down
to me is only really applicable to 3d space where you have an object that has a
definate "up"-"side" (to me, a side with the normal vector expected to points
upwards).

Flipping a photo upside down suggests to me placing it face down on the table,
so I'd expect ShowImage to replace my photo with a white background and the
text "Kodak Photo Paper" on it in light grey or something ;)

The current names are better than what we had before but I still think it's
clearer to explicitly state "left to right" and "top to bottom". Saving one
word isn't really worth the loss of definate "complimentary terms":
"sideways"/"upside down" are not like "left to right"/"top to bottom".

This is getting to be another bikeshed...

Simon

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software