[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 07:12:57 -0400

Mathew Black wrote:
>I think the best way to remove any aspect of cheating to this whole icon
contest thing would be to not allow anyone to vote.

It's already been announced that there will be a vote.  It would be changing
the rules in the middle of the contest.  This would not be a good idea.
This contest is more about coming up with solid set of guidelines for the
design of the icons.  So the vote is less about choosing a "winning" set of
icons, but giving us a definition of what the icons should look like.  The
lack of guidelines has been the biggest problem with those doing the
creative design.  In fact, there has even been a request that a set of
guidelines be established for the haiku logo (i.e. font, exact colors).  It
seems that we have a lot of creative people working on this project that
understand the importance of maintaining unity in design.  Personally I'm
very impressed with that.

>At the end of the contest the winner should be Haiku and its potential
users and current developers.

>May I suggest that rather than voting winners, that constructive comment
and debate can be made on indiviual icons and on icon sets.

As I stated previously, I believe voting will be fine as long as it is done
as rating different categories.  Just voting a winner will not provide
effective input to the project.

Curtis