[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:24:34 -0400

Stephan Assmus wrote:
>We Haiku developers agree on the fact that Haiku cannot be officially
>released with the original BeOS R5 icons. For this reason, all icons within

>Haiku need to be original artwork.

Is this in fact official final word.  I've seen posts in the past that
contradict.

>However, as things progress, I am
>confident that we can use vector icons in R1 without the associated
>drawbacks.

Is this just a projection, or definitive decision?
If I understand correctly, tracker still needs to updated to support this.

Will the icons still be limited to the 8-bit system palette?
Some of the icon designs I've seen don't translate well because of color
gradients that don't work on the existing palette.

One of the biggest problems for the people doing the creative design is a
lack of solid guidelines.
I've been trying to put together some based on previous information, but now
have conflicting information.

Can I have permission to use some of the information you posted for
guideline page and posting to the forums?

Curtis