[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 09:33:45 -0400 EDT

> info wrote:
> >> This is well known by now.  I wonder why we still debate it?
>
> Stephan wrote:
> >We are not. We're basically all nodding towards each other. :-)
>
> I have to agree with Stephan.
> Sounds like everybody is in agreement that toolbar icons should be
> included
> in the set.
>
> Next step - come up with a list of these toolbar icons.
>
> The second part of the discussion (the one I was getting at) is:
> How do you get programmers to use them.  Do you make it part of the
> UI
> guidelines? Or just a recommendation in the Developer's Guide?  Do
> you and
> how much do you twist their arm to do it?
>
> Sounds to me like most people would want it in the UI guidelines.
I'm going to be putting something into the UI guidelines about it. it
already has a small chapter on icons, so this will fit right in. There
are really just 2 kinds of developers out there - those who care about
stuff like this and those that don't. Those that don't won't bother
unless they feel like it no matter what you do. Might as well cater to
the ones that care. :D

--DarkWyrm