[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:27:05 +0200

On 2006-07-30 at 17:50:30 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > as you might be aware of, I have recently been working on "Icon-O-
> > Matic",
> > the icon editor for Haiku, along with a vector icon design / document
> > structure and corresponding file format. I have put a preview release
> > of
> > Icon-O-Matic, along with a couple of self-made sample icons at this
> > location:
>
> That's very nice! Even though Icon-O-Matic is the first of your
> applications that I didn't understand directly, after reading the docs
> the concept seems to work fine :-)
> But I guess you'll further improve it over time, anyway.

At least I'm hoping so! :-) To be honest, I thought about the document
structure first, then I implemented the editor to directly support this
structure. I know that it should hide some stuff and be more user friendly.
I thought I should get something done first, then actually work with it to
see what additions would be useful.

> > Contest deadline: September 1st 2006.
>
> How about putting that up on our website? I think the idea is great,
> even though I wouldn't mind to have more contests like that in the
> future :-)

Alright. Could someone point me to information on how to post a news item?
Do I even have the access rights to do this?

That being said, I have just now thought about a rather fundamental change
to the document structure: I would like to separate "colors" from "styles",
so that a color could have multiple appearances in different styles and
most importantly gradients. So with a change to a single color, one could
adjust multiple styles. It would also save space again in the flat storage
format.

Best regards,
-Stephan