[openbeos] Re: Haiku no longer booting

  • From: "Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:15:17 GMT

With the latest changes I can get the keyboard to work with the app
server (input_server does need to be started in the bootscript AFAICT).
As soon as I touch the mouse though, the system freezes. Also modifier
keys don't seem to work (a load of B_MESSAGE_NOT_UNDERSTOOD appear in
the terminal when alt, shift or control are held down here).

Anyway I am at least moving in the right direction.

> Hi Simon,
>
> in my opinion, it is a really cool thing that Haiku draws this
> attention,

I've personally been interested for years, but as more pieces start to
fall into place I can see lots of newbies poluting the list with less-
useful topics. I guess it's a case of "cross that bridge when we come
to it".

> and if you're equipped to debug this, it can only be good. It is
> supposed
> to be working, and on my dual CPU system, it does work for about a
> minute
> (mouse and keyboard both working since yesterday). After that minute,
> the
> system freezes up completely. Unfortunately, I have only one
> computer, so
> serial debugging is no option for me (I don't have a good clue why
> this
> happens). Anyways, your help is much appreciated.

I'm limited in the same way as you with serial debugging unfortunately.
I'll have to pick up a cheap old system to be a debugging terminal :)