[openbeos] Haiku no longer booting

  • From: "Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:50:41 GMT

I've just grabbed the whole SVN repository (took over 6 hours with
dialup!), and done a makehdimage onto a blank (initialised BFS) Haiku
partition.

The boot screen appears and there is some hard disk activity for a few
seconds, but then nothing. I was trying to get miniterminal working as
mmlr described at http://forum.mlotz.ch/viewtopic.php?p=354, but I put
makehdimage back to export RUN_WITHOUT_APP_SERVER=1 and left everything
else as it was still to no avail.

I haven't got any other computers I can hook up for serial debugging,
is it possible to enable debugging to a file?

A while ago after Axel posted about the bootloader now working with
most systems I tried the same thing and that one booted through to
consoled.

I know it's not that important to make sure it always boots on all
systems, but I'd like to take a look for myself at all the progress
that's been going on lately.

Thanks for all your work, as always.

Simon