[openbeos] Re: Haiku no longer booting

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:32:28 +0200 CEST

"Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The input server doesn't seem to work though - I have added a "launch
> $SERVERS/input_server" line after the registrar, but the keyboard
> input
> doesn't show up in MiniTerminal and the mouse pointer doesn't move.
> It
> seems like there is some input server stuff happening though, because
> pressing control-alt-delete brings up another window (title off
> screen
> so I can't see what the window is exactly).

You are not supposed to start the input_server manually - the
app_server does this for you. If you have a serial debugging cable, you
can also see when the input_server starts up, because you'll see lines
like "possible driver detected at /dev/input/...".
Also, when the server is up and running, F12 should get you into KDL
(of course, this is a temporary feature ;-)).

Bye,
   Axel.