[openbeos] Re: Haiku no longer booting

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:40:11 +0200 CEST

"Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a nvidia card, I know Michael uses a Radeon, so that could be
> the issue.

Yes, this is an issue for now. We currently have some tighter security
mechanisms implemented (that might be disabled, though, if too many
problems arise). Many areas in graphics drivers are usually cloned in
userland to have direct access to the graphics card's register set -
Haiku doesn't allow cloning kernel space areas in userland unless you
explicetly ask for that option on area creation time using the
B_USER_CLONEABLE_AREA flag.
We'll certainly "port" the other drivers over, too, soon.

Bye,
   Axel.