[openbeos] Re: Haiku no longer booting

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:11:24 +0200 CEST

"Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just grabbed the whole SVN repository (took over 6 hours with
> dialup!), and done a makehdimage onto a blank (initialised BFS) Haiku
> partition.
>
> The boot screen appears and there is some hard disk activity for a
> few
> seconds, but then nothing. I was trying to get miniterminal working
> as
> mmlr described at http://forum.mlotz.ch/viewtopic.php?p=354, but I
> put
> makehdimage back to export RUN_WITHOUT_APP_SERVER=1 and left
> everything
> else as it was still to no avail.

You've tried to load the app_server?
Anyway, if your basic configuration is correct (ie. you haven't messed
with the build), try to remove the object files for Application.cpp and
Bitmap.cpp in objects/x86.R1/kits/, and call makehdimage again.
If you switch to use the app_server, you have to do the same thing
again, but don't export RUN_WITHOUT_APP_SERVER=1 in this case :-)

AFAICT the current release works without any problems.

Bye,
   Axel.