[openbeos] Calculator

  • From: Daniel Wallner <daniel.wallner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 2:21:09 +0200

Hi list,
as part of my loudspeaker measurement and design software project, I have
written a small terminal calculator.
It supports simple expressions like:
$ expcalc.exe "2^(3+6)+2*sin(4)"
so it may be useful as the parser for Haiku's calculator.
I have to admit though, that I really don't know anything about parsers, so it
may all look like crap to someone who does, but it works.
It is currently GPL but I would be willing to change that.

The files are here, and can be compiled stand alone with some changes of the
include statments:
http://xlds.cvs.sourceforge.net/xlds/xlds/libdsph/libdsph/eval.h?revision=1.1&view=markup
http://xlds.cvs.sourceforge.net/xlds/xlds/libdsph/src/eval.cc?revision=1.2&view=markup
http://xlds.cvs.sourceforge.net/xlds/xlds/xldsutils/src/expcalc.cc?revision=1.6&view=markup

One thing that I miss is the possibility to use binary or hexadecimal numbers,
but I may find the time to add that.
There's also sources there for autoscaling 2D (and not so good looking 3D)
graphs if someone would like to add graphing capabilites.

As a side note, I think it would be nice with a calculator that supported both
CLI and GUI interfaces in the same app.

Regards,
Daniel Wallner