[openbeos] Re: Calculator

  • From: "Nathan Olberding" <nathan.olberding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:42:43 -0700

On 6/5/06, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I see your point, but has anybode ever tried to implement the
calculator the way
I suggested? I mean, it's not that I say these things because it's fun
for me. I
"observed" friends with almost no computer experience (and some with normal
experience) using the WinXP calculator with the mouse at first (clicking those
digits...) and quickly getting *angry* because that's too ineffective. They
*always* switched to the keyboard. Those digit buttons cry "click me!", but
that won't make you happy. :)
I think that there is nothing lost if we remove those buttons. The interface
will look a lot cleaner and the user will quickly grasp that he should use the
numbers on his keyboard (and be happy ;).

Maybe a hide-able keypad? I never use it, but I like the visual cue of the (mostly useless) buttons.