[openbeos] Re: Calculator

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:05:26 -0400

On 6/5/06, DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds to me that Stephan's idea is best - being able to
hide the buttons if you don't want them and being able to show them for
beginners. Then we can both be happy. :)

Add my vote to the interface that has buttons which can be hidden or shown (and are shown by default.) In fact we could take a cue from the Windows calculator and just have a simple and then more advanced mode. In the case of the Windows calc it is Standard and Scientific modes, but Simple and Advanced might be a more BeOS-like approach.

I would have to play around with DeskCalc and other BeOS calculator
apps before I could come up with a good design to differentiate
between what is simple and advanced, but I doubt it would be that
complicated.

Ryan