[openbeos] Re: Calculator

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:26:37 +0200

Hi Daniel!

> as part of my loudspeaker measurement and design software project, I have
> written a small terminal calculator.
> It supports simple expressions like:
> $ expcalc.exe "2^(3+6)+2*sin(4)"
> so it may be useful as the parser for Haiku's calculator.
> I have to admit though, that I really don't know anything about parsers, so
> it may all look like crap to someone who does, but it works.
> It is currently GPL but I would be willing to change that.

Thank you very much! The usage of your expression parser is the same to what
DeskCalc used to use. So it was very easy to add your parser to DeskCalc.
What I especially like is that stuff like sin() is already supported by it.
(Though I need to add that to DeskCalc yet...)

If nobody minds, I can put DeskCalc into the Haiku tree, after cleaning it up
some more.

Daniel, may I change the license stated in your code to MIT?

Best regards,
-Stephan