[haiku-inc] Re: Contract proposal: website & R1B1 work

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 10:40:29 +0200

Am 08/05/2015 um 22:26 schrieb Augustin Cavalier:

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> That would be really great! You should probably interview Alex, and
> Oliver to see what exactly should be done, document it, and then
> work from that.
Oliver hasn't been really active in it AFAICT, it's mostly been Alex.

AFAICT, Oliver is the one that planned it all, and Alex tried to implement it. It's always a good idea to know exactly how the plan looks like :-)

The last I heard from Alex was that the webserver was half-okay, but the
client (buildhost) was too unstable due to Ruby bustage... I'll see what
can be done, but more likely than not, the client will wind up getting
written in something that isn't Ruby. I'll be sure to get up to speed
with him before starting, of course.

You mentioned earlier that you consider to port iojs for this -- however, I would very much prefer to start working on the actual thing, not on the tool chain; ie. if Ruby is not an option, use python or C++, as that should work just fine.
As Alex mentioned, I wouldn't have a problem with staying at Ruby 1.8 either, though.

So is this officially approved then?

I'd give my +1, but we'll have to discuss this with the rest of the board (we do a vote on things like this, and the majority needs to acknowledge it).

Bye,
Axel.