[haiku-inc] Re: Contract proposal: website & R1B1 work

  • From: Augustin Cavalier <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 11:28:51 -0400

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:29 AM, Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

It could be useful to have someone work on the "infrastructure" side of
things for the B1 release, still. Not the website, but the package build
and upload system to automate the repository management.

Keeping packages up to date in the repository is taking some time, and is
done by Haiku developers. By finishing the work on automating this, using
either buildbot or Kallisti5's haikeuken, we would free the devs from
managing this, increase the number of packages available in the depot, and
identify more problems with the recipes at haikuports.

None of the Haiku devs are currently working on this and it is one of the
strongest blockers for Beta1.

I don't know if waddlesplash is willing to work on this, however :)

I already stated a few emails ago that I was. :)

-Augustin