[haiku-development] Re: RFC: B_INVALID flag for BControlLook

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 12:28:18 +0200

Am 02.10.2014 12:07, schrieb Stephan Aßmus:
I believe that -/+ buttons would still work for spinning something like
"January". I don't see why it wouldn't be suitable for a universal
spinner. And there have been examples why they are better than arrows.

They would definitely work for something like January. They wouldn't really work that good for example when spinning between card deck suits, or basically anything that doesn't have a numerical order.

But if we agree on allowing spinners only for numeric based types (could even be restricted in the interface guide only), we wouldn't even need to have this conversation, so maybe we should focus on that first ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.