[haiku-development] Re: RFC: B_INVALID flag for BControlLook

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 21:06:30 +0200

On 10/01/2014 08:22 PM, John Scipione wrote:
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But apart from that, I don't think it's that usable either since the click
targets are very small.
Why not use standard sized buttons like this:

+-----------------+---+---+
|              42 | < | > |
+-----------------+---+---+

That would look much nicer, and should be equally clear.

I've never seen a spinbox implemented that way, up/down is more clear
than right/left even though the click targets are smaller.

Agreed. For right to left script (not that we support that anyway) the actions would probably have to be swapped. Let's rather use buttons that work the same in either case.

You can
also push the arrow keys to increment and decrement the value.

That isn't a mouse feature though. Wheel support, however, is. And while I've actually seen people use the tiny buttons, I only find the wheel support relevant myself.

suppose you could have the text box then full height up arrow then
full height down arrow from left to right to make the click targets
bigger.

+1

CU, Ingo