[haiku-development] Re: RFC: B_INVALID flag for BControlLook

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 08:46:58 +0200

Am 01.10.2014 21:06, schrieb Ingo Weinhold:
On 10/01/2014 08:22 PM, John Scipione wrote:
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
But apart from that, I don't think it's that usable either since the
click
targets are very small.
Why not use standard sized buttons like this:

+-----------------+---+---+
|              42 | < | > |
+-----------------+---+---+

That would look much nicer, and should be equally clear.
I've never seen a spinbox implemented that way, up/down is more clear
than right/left even though the click targets are smaller.

Not that I'm sold on <> (there just aren't any ASCII characters for up/down) but do you honestly believe someone who grasps up/down would not grasp the other solution (and vice versa)?

Agreed. For right to left script (not that we support that anyway) the
actions would probably have to be swapped. Let's rather use buttons that
work the same in either case.

Now that's an interesting thought :-)

John, would you care to show us your spinner code, to see if it would be ready for adoption?

Bye,
   Axel.