[haiku-development] Re: R1/A3 -- Third Time's the Charm(?)

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 06:57:30 -0500

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:27 AM, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 26.01.2011 11:59, schrieb Pengfei Han:
>>
>> I agree with both your ideas. it lacks some glyphes actually for Chinese.
>
> Can you recommend a free Chinese font which could be included in Haiku? The
> fallback font work could be extended to take the character range into
> account and hard-code different fonts for different ranges (at least for the
> time being).
>
> I don't know if that is the actual problem of ReadOnlyBootPrompt regarding
> line breaks, it may also be the problem that it doesn't use a regular
> BTextView anymore.

Well, if this helps, it used to work with Japanese.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/phreadom/haiku/haiku-jp/Image1.png

(Images from r38542)

But it was "broken" vertically in part of it at the end of the install
process, with the text going off the bottom of the display area with
no way to view it.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/phreadom/haiku/haiku-jp/Image16.png

That bug is still present as of r40290 (gcc4hybrid), I just checked the nightly.

I thought I'd filed a bug report about it, but I don't see one in Trac
at a glance. Maybe it's time to go ahead and file one?

--
猿も木から落ちる