[haiku-development] Re: R1/A3 -- Third Time's the Charm(?)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:55:09 +0100

Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 10:57 -0500, Matt Madia wrote:
> I do have one small enhancement to throw in the pot though...
>   * checkfs can only be run on mounted file systems and likes to KDL
> on
> corrupt file systems.

I could be convinced to release my BFS-tools as open source which could
be a good basis for advanced repairing tools (besides that this BFS
checkfs bug should be fixed). However, I won't have the time myself to
put any work on this in the forseeable future.

> As more and more people are starting to store data in Haiku, we need
> make sure there is a chance can be recovered if there is a (unlikely)
> file system problem.

I recently lost a Linux reiser3 partition due to a not correctly working
chkfs, so it's not like we're alone there ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.