[haiku-development] Re: R1/A3 -- Third Time's the Charm(?)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 18:14:15 +0100

Hi,

Am 01.02.2011 17:47, schrieb scottmc:
On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Matt Madia<mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Since entering the Beta stage is not in the near future and a possible
Google Summer of Code 2011 is approaching, could we release another
alpha?

We have a window here between now and when GSoC is to start, so we
need to move on this soon.  I propose we set a feature deadline of say
Feb 28, and then a bug fix deadline of a week or two after that.
Perhaps with the goal of having the Alpha3 by March 14th-21st.
If you are working on something that you really feel needs to be in
alpha 3 then you have 4 weeks to get it in.  If there's no urgent
needs to have new features added in before then, perhaps we can pull
these dates in even closer.  There's been a ton of changes since
Alpha2 and we need to get a fresher stable release out there.

Sounds good to me, but I am not working on anything at all, ATM. One of the annoying issues I had has been fixed already (FTP & Telnet).

Best regards,
-Stephan