[haiku-development] Re: R1/A3 -- Third Time's the Charm(?)

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 09:12:18 -0800

> I could be convinced to release my BFS-tools as open source which could
> be a good basis for advanced repairing tools (besides that this BFS
> checkfs bug should be fixed). However, I won't have the time myself to
> put any work on this in the forseeable future.

Perhaps we could chain up bga and have him spend some of his 20%
google time on adding this in?

> I recently lost a Linux reiser3 partition due to a not correctly working
> chkfs, so it's not like we're alone there ;-)

Insert joke about "killer" filesystem here.

As for other alpha3 items, we should put the call out on the i18n list
the get unchecked work checked in time for being added to alpha3.
Maybe even announce a freeze date for changing strings in Haiku that
would affect translations a week or so prior to freeze date of
everything else to give time for translators put in the final changes.

I'll take a look over many of the optional packages in the next few
days, updating the .bep files where needed so the build should go
quickly once a target schedule is set.  As Matt says we should try to
get it done in time for GSoC.

-scottmc