[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:35:21 -0400

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In any case, for things like Haikuware, I would think that a negative badge
> for software that
> does not fit the guidelines makes much more sense (and if almost every piece
> of software
> gets the "I'm good"-badge as it should be, it's pretty much useless anyway,
> as you'll then
> don't even notice it anymore).

That is a good point. I suppose most software which would be uploaded
to Haikuware is at least *trying* to run on Haiku. Though it might be
a bit harsh to apply some sort of "Not Up To Haiku Standards - You
Suck" badge ;)

Maybe the badge thing can be tabled for now. But we can definitely
define standards, as Adrien has already started and I'll add to:

https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/3rdparty%20guidelines

--
Regards,
Ryan