[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 10:51:34 -0700

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM, SMC.Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    As I understand it, the program is about applications, not distrobutions.
> The hiccup becomes frameworks/librarys. I personally think those should be
> approved by the devs.
>
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Haiku%20Compatible%20Logo
>
>  link to logo page proposal.

Well yeah, I now see that this has been reinterpreted... and updated
in the last 4 days by Adrien:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Haiku%20Compatible%20Logo?action=history

BUT: that was not the intent for the "Haiku Compatible" logos initially.

The first mention of the need for this logo is here:

//www.freelists.org/post/haiku/Joining-the-admin-team,12

And the logos were created shortly afterward.

Only recently did Adrien assert that the logo was supposed to be used
for "compatible software" - and I guess nobody corrected him. So, this
is will be a brand new concept for the Alpha3 release.

In any case, that's fine - if we want to re-purpose the logo for
software, I don't care, but it was news to me (and probably others),
that's all.

- Urias