[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  All I am asking for is some tool, set of guideline to work with, the 3r5d
> party devs seem to respect the core devs here a great deal. If it comes from
> the horses mouth, I am sure with a bit of debate and some form of logo and
> some set of guidelines, I am Karl and many others at Haikuware can get 3rd
> party devs to comply. The problem is we have absolutely no tools with which
> to tackle this task.
>
>  Give us some tools, We can handle the rest.

Why not just create a "Haikuware Certified" logo program - why must it
be some kind of official deal presented by the core project itself?

As Humdinger alluded, it doesn't really take a core developer to
figure out what's right and what's wrong with a software package -
start drafting up some guidelines that you expect the software you use
to meet.

I'm not even sure the core devs care all that much (most of them
probably use a very small subset of software that is already included
with Haiku) - it's often the users themselves who complain about the
quality of the software they're using. Start requesting more effort
from the devs writing the software that you take issue with, instead
of playing the victim...

- Urias