[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:22:38 +0200 (MEST)

Adrien Destugues<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If the people from the Haiku project don't want to do it,then who will ?
> Do weneed to ressurect beunited for proposing standards ?

Either I'm not able to follow the discussion, or you're mixing up two things
here :-)
There are certain guidelines to follow when writing (or porting) software for
Haiku. Those should and will be written down at some point. If Ryan steps up
maybe a little earlier than later.
In any case, this has nothing to do with a certification program or a badge --
and this is the part where I see most people objected to.

Ryan Leavengood<leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think starting with a Wiki page would be good, which I'm sure other
> developers would be happy to review. Then maybe we can put a more
> official page on the web-site.
>
> I would appreciate help on the badge though. I'd suggest we create a
> new badge, which can be somewhat similar to the badges Stephan created [...]

Just in case I don't get it: the (Wiki) page with the guidelines would fit
perfectly fine on (dev.)haiku-os.org, but the badge is not bound to the Haiku
project, right?
In any case, for things like Haikuware, I would think that a negative badge for
software that does not fit the guidelines makes much more sense (and if almost
every piece of software gets the "I'm good"-badge as it should be, it's pretty
much useless anyway, as you'll then don't even notice it anymore).

Bye,
   Axel.