[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:15:20 -0400

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If the people from the Haiku project don't want to do it,then who will ? Do
> we need to ressurect beunited for proposing standards ?

I'm willing to step up and help with proposing application standards.
As a Haiku developer and member of Haiku, Inc I hope I provide enough
"officialness" to satisfy everyone.

I think starting with a Wiki page would be good, which I'm sure other
developers would be happy to review. Then maybe we can put a more
official page on the web-site.

I would appreciate help on the badge though. I'd suggest we create a
new badge, which can be somewhat similar to the badges Stephan created
for "Haiku-compatible" distributions. In that sense maybe the
wiki-page for that should be reverted to what it was before. I'd
rather not co-opt those badges for this.

The general notion for the badge could be "Created for Haiku" for pure
Haiku software and "Haiku Compatible" for ports which follow the
standards we create.

--
Regards,
Ryan