[haiku-development] Re: Optimizing Painter::_DrawBitmapBilinearCopy32

  • From: Simon Kennedy <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 19:10:49 +0300

Christian,

You may have seen this before embarking on your quest but have you looked at liboil.

http://liboil.freedesktop.org/wiki/

It appears to be mostly under an BSD style license so could probably be incorporated into the Haiku tree.

Regards
Simon Kennedy

On 14-Jun-2009 17:16, Christian Packmann wrote:
After being sidetracked on several other things, I'm currently working
on the SIMD optims for BilinearCopy again.

Benchmark binaries for Haiku/GCC2 and Windows/Cygwin can be downloaded
here:
http://www.elenthara.de/Haiku/Benchmarks/AppserverBilinCopyBench_v1.0.zip
(The Windows version *requires* a basic Cygwin environment to be
installed; I'll have to setup a MingW environment to get rid of the
Cygwin dependency, but don't have time for this right now)

The benchmark should automatically detect the supported SIMD instruction
sets for the installed CPU and skip any routines with instructions not
supported by the CPU, but I've only tested the code on my Core2 system
so far; if the program crashes, please let me know on what CPU that
happened so I can fix the problem.
The code only supports SIMD capability detection for AMD/Intel/VIA so
far, Transmeta CPUs should work, but MMX/SSE will not be detected on
them, so only the C integer benchmarks will be run.