[haiku-development] Re: AboutSystem window credits (was: Testing the poll)

  • From: "André Braga" <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 04:43:48 -0300

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 00:00, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I apologize that I didn't read the whole novel ;)

Doh :)

> - but I wanted to clarify something that I believe needs to be clarified here
> (I think
> it's a common misconception).

Actually, there was no misconception on my part; you've just hit the
nail in the head when you said:

> That doesn't mean Haiku, Inc. is useless of course, and it can grow to
> provide even more for the project in the future I think.

There! *That's* what I meant. That we could use Haiku, Inc to help
separate the roles of development and decision-making *in a public
relations standpoint*, even though the people behind those roles are
likely to be the same. And that this is not something for the future;
we should do it *now*.

In other words: code-wise, I feel that we're in great hands, no
questions about it; it's just that people-wise we're both wasting the
developers talent forcing them to deal with politics when they don't
want to, and wasting non-developers talent not providing them the
proper means, structure and communication channels, to help the
project the way they're able, and want, to. And that Haiku, Inc could
be a good tool to provide this structure.

Are we lacking volunteers to make this happen? This is not me
complaining or demanding anything while not having the marbles to put
my money where my mouth is. Actually, I don't know if I have what it
takes to deal with those things, but I always wanted to dedicate more
of my time to the project as soon as I sort ou the mess that is my
life :)

Cheers,
A.