[haiku-development] Re: AboutSystem window credits (was: Testing the poll)

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:29:21 -0700

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To clarify my position, let me rephrase things:
>

> There is no doubt that quite a few other people have made significant
> contributions in other areas and should be credited properly as well.
> Jorge of course deserves a big mention, I think diver and scottmc
> should be mentioned in the testing area (probably with many others),
> and several people have contributed large amounts of money to Haiku
> over the years and also deserve mention.

> Regards,
> Ryan

I made the list a few months back, as a contributor.  Seems sending in
patches and porting things for HaikuPorts, among other things, also
gets noticed.  ;)  I'd be ok with redoing the About like Firefox does
theirs.  The credits are hidden unless you press a "Credits" button
and then  it scrolls by.
But moving a dev from the developer's list because they did a lot of
work in the early years but have left, how is that fair for them to be
removed but someone who's only been with the project for a year or so
being on the dev list.
And Jorge should be in that list somewhere, don't know what title to
apply, I'm sure he'd think of a good one.  He's not a developer, but
is very knowledgeable about Haiku and sells it very well in person.
And has done a great job as the marketing face of Haiku both in front
of a behind the scenes.
But let's get back to the current goal though, and that is prepping
for the Alpha.  While waiting for the vote on the list to happen we
can keep working on those listed items assuming them will be including
and if they are we will be that much closer to getting there sooner.
-scottmc