[gameprogrammer] Re: Fast development over multiple platforms, which language?

  • From: "Jason Clark" <jclark@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:31:24 -0800

Don't want to start a holy war. Every language has its strengths, =
weaknesses, and it's purpose.
I apologize for making it sound like Java was inferior, I don't believe =
it is and have used it on many occasions when my client wanted it.
While it's distributed rte is an awesome idea, and development time with =
it is very short. The performance isn't what I'm looking for in this =
case.
In the case of C++ and even C (one of my all time favorite languages), I =
will have to deal with distribution issues that I'd rather avoid (though =
I may not be able to). The API's being suggested will be very helpful =
also and may cut down dramatically on development time as well.
Thanks,
Jason.

---
=20