RE: Relay permissions error ...

  • From: "Donavon Yelton" <dyelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:17:11 -0400

E-mail in my mind is broken, the entire process of e-mail needs to be
took back to the drawing board and revised.  Whitelisting isn't going to
work, blacklisting isn't going to work, keyword blocking isn't going to
work, etc.  You seem to have a good hold of how to reduce spam in your
organization, but you haven't mentioned exactly how you do it.  Please
share.  I'm not trying to be rude, but for you to make a comment that
the problem with spam can be fixed, though not simply, and not let us
know how or where to start on the task is shortwinded.  If you have tips
or solutions for defending an organization against spam in a costly
manner then please share them with us.  We're here to be a community to
better each and every member of this discussion list.  Someone asked a
question regarding Outlook 2000/XP and you simply responded, "yes."  I'm
sorry if I feel that your answer was irrelevant but it seems as though
just simply stating "yes" makes it seem as though you have a grasp on
the concept of the uber-geek and that no one should know your solutions.
The person simply asked a question and in my mind, wanted to know the
process of doing it, but such a simple answer of "yes" will in no way
answer the user's question.  If you have a solution to a problem,
respond, if you do not then don't waste my bandwidth.