Re: Connectivity Problem

  • From: PKarumbaiah@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:37:59 +0530

I understand that these both are in a different forest.
Setup a trust between these two forests.Create mailbox for users in
exchange.Give access  for each mailbox to individual users of
domain from advanced property windows in the user account property.

Infrastructure  - Chennai
i|Nautix Technologies India Private Limited

Tel : 91(44) 22546000 # 2119
VOIP : 2120

                    <apvittal@maxi       To:     "[ExchangeList]"
          >            cc:
                                         Subject:     [exchangelist]
Connectivity Problem
                    07:28 PM
                    Please respond

We have setup of fileserver-A with w2k os having as domain name
and 8 users are connecting/login into the server for day to day operations
and storing their documents on the server. On the another location, where
the setup is filerserver-B w2k os domain name is with active
directory and  another server with w2k and exchange 2000 loaded. About 200
users are connected to the server which is working fine. Now I have to
shift fileserver-A to this location of fileserver-B and join. I would like
to use the filerserver-A as before (that means eight users will be logged
into this and share the data) and the users of filerserver-A will access
exchange 2000 server through thier local mail browser outlook 2000 as a
corporate mail account.

My doubts are, since the fileserver-A has different domain name, when
users are trying to connect to exchange server 2000 which has different
domain name, can the users of filerserver-A  have authentication from
filerserver-B. All  servers fileserver-A, fileserver-B and exchange Server
2000 have active directory opened.

How can this be solved? Please help me? Thanks in advance.

List Archives:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
Windows Security Resource Site:
Network Security Library: