[duxuser] Re: Automatic paragraph styles in 10.5

  • From: "Mike Gorse" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:29:49 -0500

Ann,

You probably want to create a new template and use it to import your Word
documents.  In 10.5, if a template contains a style called "initial", then
all documents created with it will have the initial style's start codes
automatically applied.  You could also modify the definition of para. or
link a custom word style map to a template (you'd create it by copying
dbt.mws to some other file in the templates directory with a .mws extension
and editing the copy).  If there are .mws files in the templates
subdirectory other than dbt.mws, then DBT will give you the option of
linking them to a template when you create the template.

-Mike