[duxuser] Re: Automatic paragraph styles in 10.5

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:16:03 -0000

Hi Ann,

Let's deal with a single document where you want this for
the moment.

Open the document in DBT.

Now go to DBT's Document Menu and select "Modify Style".

Navigate down to "para." and click OK.

You will now be presented with a dialog showing a Beginning
Codes text box and an Ending Codes text box.

Tab to the Beginning Codes box and delete the [p] Code.

With you cursor still in the Beginning Codes box press Ctrl
+ [

Now press <

Tab to the O.K. button and press it.

Confirm that you want to accept changes to the para. Style.

Translate your document, where all being well you will have
what you want.

Try that out, and we'll go from there.

If needs be, we can then set up a new Template where this
Style will be the normal for para.

George.

one
> and has a skipped line before it.
>

> Ann Foxworth, Braille Consultant
> Div. for Blind Services
> 4800 N. Lamar BLVD
> Austin, TX 78756
> PH: 512-377-0471,
> E-mail: ann.foxworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

make

> > another one/
> >

> > Ann Foxworth, Braille Consultant
> > Div. for Blind Services
> > 4800 N. Lamar BLVD
> > Austin, TX 78756
> > PH: 512-377-0471,
> > E-mail: ann.foxworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with
> it
> > will have the initial style's start codes automatically
> applied.  You
> > could also modify the definition of para. or
>
> > link a custom word style map to a template (you'd create
> it
> > by copying dbt.mws to some other file in the templates
> directory with
> > a .mws extension and editing the copy).  If
>
> > there are .mws files in the templates subdirectory other
> than
> > dbt.mws, then DBT will give you the option of linking
them
> > a template when you create the template.
> >
> > -Mike

the
> word or
> > > wordperfect importer and change the paragraph style to
> none, which
> > would
> > > allow you to determine how you wanted them.  I just
hate
> not having
> > > control on a global basis.
> >
> > * * *
> > * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org.
> > * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> > *   unsubscribe
> > * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
> may also
> > * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and
other
> subscription
> > * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The
list
> archive
> > * is also located there.
> > * Duxbury Systems' web site is
> http://www.duxburysystems.com
> > * * *
> > * * *
> > * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org.
> > * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> > *   unsubscribe
> > * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
> may also
> > * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and
other
> subscription
> > * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The
list
> archive
> > * is also located there.
> > * Duxbury Systems' web site is
> http://www.duxburysystems.com
> > * * *
> >

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.